The cities of Bari and Matera will host the second Bari Brasil Film Fest (BBFF), promoted by the Abaporu Cultural Association. The Brazilian movies show will be held from Oct. 7th to 12th in Bari, and from Oct. 14th and 15th at the city of Matera, the 2019 European Culture Capital.
The festival strives to get Italians from the Bari region closer to Brazil and holds a set of cultural programs encompassing not only movie shows but also photography exhibits, musical attractions and conferences. Hugo Prata, the director of the festival's opener "Elis" (Oct. 7th), and Inês Figueiredo, "Era o hotel Cambridge" (Oct. 9th) screenwriter, are some of the special guests.
The festival will also show "Nise - O coração da loucura", by Roberto Berliner, "Big Jato", by Cláudio Assis, the prize winner "Aquarius" by Kleber Mendeonça Filho, and "Chico - Artista Brasileiro", by Miguel Faria Jr.
The BBFF attendees will also be able to taste some of Brazil's gastronomy as, in between sessions, they will be able to taste Brazilian cocktails and dishes.
The festival's program can be found here. Check out the organizers' site www.abaporu.org
- Rio+Design Milan celebrates its 10th year
- Caipirinha, Brazil's signature mixed drink, celebrates its 100th anniversary!
- It's February and there comes Carnaval!
- Anat Cohen - The Israeli Clarinetist and her love for Choro go to the Grammys
- New York's MoMA opens Tarsila do Amaral's first large exhibit in the United States