The Rogério Souza, the virtuoso guitar from "Nó em Pingo D'Água" band, will tour the US with his nephew Tiago do Bandolim, mandolin player between October 20th and November 5h.
The arranger, composer and guitarist Rogério Souza played and recorded with Brazilian greats such as Baden Powell, Turíbio Santos, Raphael Rabello and Dino 7 Cordas, Leila Pinheiro, Paulinho da Viola, and Ivan Lins.
Tiago Souza, who, in a typical Brazilian popular music tradition carries his instrument as a surname, is known as Tiago do Bandolim. He "grew up" musically in the post-Lapa rebirth generation of musicians and is a member of the Semente Choro-jazz group headed by Zé Paulo Becker. In 2017 he launched this debut solo album "De Solsaio", a collection of contemporary and traditional Choros.
Check out the duo's schedule in the US:
Yale University (New Haven) - Oct. 25th.
Georgetown University (Washington) - Oct. 27th.
Check the artists'' facebook pages for additional dates at:
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (Texas)
- Rio+Design Milan celebrates its 10th year
- Caipirinha, Brazil's signature mixed drink, celebrates its 100th anniversary!
- It's February and there comes Carnaval!
- Anat Cohen - The Israeli Clarinetist and her love for Choro go to the Grammys
- New York's MoMA opens Tarsila do Amaral's first large exhibit in the United States