Currently the only festival dedicated to the Brazilian genre in Europe, the "Festival Bossa-Nova" happens in the city of Thiais (in the metropolitan region of Paris) from Nov. 23rd to Dec. 12th. The nith edition of the event, organized by the Jazzonotes association, will open with a photo exhibit dedicated to the French singer, composer and guitar player Henri Salvador. The artist lived for a brief period in the city of Rio de Janeiro and would be celebrating his 100th birthday this year.
The festival will hold concerts at the Thiais Café-theater and at the Latin America House in Paris. To close the festival, the Brazilian Embassy will have a special screening of "Samba and Jazz", a documentary.
The festival's program can be found at the site Festival Bossa-Nova.
- Rio+Design Milan celebrates its 10th year
- Caipirinha, Brazil's signature mixed drink, celebrates its 100th anniversary!
- It's February and there comes Carnaval!
- Anat Cohen - The Israeli Clarinetist and her love for Choro go to the Grammys
- New York's MoMA opens Tarsila do Amaral's first large exhibit in the United States